Who we are/What we do:
St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church's Social Service Office has been serving the community for 10 years. The office's mission is to support and provide different services to our church members, and to find adequate solutions to daily challenges. The office has been serving over 100 families; most recently 80 families have been receiving assistance from the office.
The office's services include:
- Counseling (law, education, and community challenges)
- US Immigration Information (Applying for US citizenship, etc..)
- Assisting newcomers with applying for Social Security Cards, etc...
- Social Services (Applying for Food Stamps, WIC, Emergency Medical needs)
- Assisting parents with enrolling children in the school system, and providing support with regards to education
- Refer newcomers to ESL classes to improve their English skills
- Provide information regarding TOEFL classes
- Assist with information regarding applying to Evaluate Foreign Degrees/for Foreign Educational Credentials as needed
- Provide health information including Assistance with medical bills, Applying for Medicaid and Medicare, and Provide free/low cost medical resources (Physicians, Dentists, Hospitals, Medications)
- Assist with regards to how to obtain drivers licenses, and car insurance
- Job hunting (Applying for jobs, etc...)
- Provide housing information
- Helping senior citizens to apply for low income housing
- Helping newcomers with transportation (provide them with cars that have been donated by community members)
- Act as an advocate on their behalf
Whose help we are seeking:
Anyone who can provide services including drivers and can speak both English and Arabic. We are also looking for anyone who can donate cars in good condition for newcomers.