Who we are/What we do:
The Deacons Steering Committee is responsible for ensuring that all serives pertaining to the Deacons of the Church are fulfilled.
The deacons Services include:
- The order and organization of Church Liturgical services, specific to the service of the deacons
- Altar Service
- Service outside the sanctuary (Liturgical readings, Deacon Leader)
- Distribution of books, Handouts
- Keeping the general order of the Church
- The education of the hymns and rites of the Church for all ages (Hymns Classes, Workshops)
- The organization of the books of the Church (Liturgy books, Agpeyas, seasonal books)
- The ordination of deacons and the requirements thereof
- The organization of the sacrifices, oblations, altar vessels, oil, incense, and altar coverings
Whose help we are seeking:
- Any male/female adult who would like to serve in the area of teaching hymns and rites of the church. Should be at least familiar with the hymns and responses of the church; able to serve boys and girls begining from 3 to 13 years old. Service is requested on a weekly basis.
- Any male/female adult that would like to help with the organization of books in the church. Service is requested on a weekly basis.
- Elder deacons (in age) who would like to serve in keeping the general order of the church. Requested to serve during a sunday liturgy, Ushers are responsible for keeping peace both inside and outside the church during the divine liturgy. They are also responsible for ensuring that every congregant has a plase in the Church pews and that no one is standing along the walls.
- Any deacon who would like to serve in the area of organizing sacrifices, oblations, altar vessels, oil, incense, and altar coverings.